Brothers Heinrich and Richard Weppler founded their company H.u.R.Weppler oHG in 1935.
There is high demand for the manufacture of tank and carburettor filters for motor cycles and we will shortly be moving into larger premises in Eschborner Landstrasse in Frankfurt Rödelheim.
In 1945, an additional task in addition to the manufacture of motor cycle filters was added: Creating tank and oil filters for VW Beetles. The company gained 12 employees at this time.
Commercial filters have been developed and produced since the start of the 60s. This is when collaboration with Robert Bosch GmbH and the joint development of fuel injection systems began. In 1965, Heinrich Weppler’s son, Dipl. Ing. Heinz Weppler, joined the company. By the end of the sixties, our product range had extended to:
- Oil filters
- Gas filters
- Water filters
- Air filters and sieves
- Fuel filters and sieves
In 1977, Heinz Weppler and Albert Eckert, Richard Weppler’s son-in-law, took on joint management. Weppler Filter GmbH was founded shortly afterwards as part of a restructuring. The collaboration with Bosch and ATE has intensified over the years and led to joint developments in the production of filters for ABS systems. Our workforce also grew in the meantime, in 1985 our company had 120 employees. Our next move took us to Zimmersmühlenweg in Oberursel. With Dipl. Ing. Stephan Weppler, Heinz Weppler’s son, another family member joined the company in 1994. He took over the management in 2004. Andrea Eckert, Richard Weppler’s granddaughter, joined the company in 2006 and took over management in 2007.
The new, 2,000m2 production hall in the Czech Republic was built in 2012 and was extended by the purchase of a new building only three years later. The filter inspection company “Filter Malica” was founded in 2013 in Morocco. In 2015, Factory 2 (production, storage, distribution and quality control) went into operation at An den Drei Hasen in Oberursel, Germany. This included the launch of a fully automated production line for a DNox filter system worth €3.4 million.